ARE YOU GOOD AT MIXING?
Good? We’re the best! Check out our before and after sample player on the home page
HOW DOES THE SERVICE WORK?
- Go to packages, place an order and upload your recordings.
- Once your material is verified we'll work our magic and send you an Audition MP3.
- You can approve it or submit tweaks, we'll then revise the mix for you.
- Once approved we'll send you the full quality Master as a .WAV (24bit 44.1k) file.
HOW DO I PLACE AN ORDER?
- Go to the package page doctormix.com/packages
- Select the type of service (Mixing & Mastering, Mastering Only, or Remix & Production)
- Type in the title of the song and name of the artist
- Add analogue/editing options, additional mixes and delivery options, as you prefer
- For multiple tracks click on "ADD SONG" at the top left corner of the form
- Go to review & checkout to pay securely with Credit Card or Paypal
HOW MANY REVISIONS WILL I GET?
2 mix revisions are always included. You can get Unlimited Revisions by selecting the option on the packages page
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE YOU GUYS TO DELIVER?Once your material is received and verified it'll typically take us 7 working days for Mastering, 10 working days for Mixing & Mastering, 15 working days for Remix & Production. For multiple songs or production work it will take us reasonably longer and it should be discussed with us beforehand. We also offer Rush Service with a guaranteed 48hr turnaround for Mix & Mastering and Mastering Only. Rush Service on Remix & Production is 5-7 Working days. Please contact us for Rush Service availability
WHAT DOES "LOVE IT OR YOUR MONEY BACK" MEAN EXACTLY?
This policy is meant for our clients to get to know our services with peace of mind. It is offered on the smaller packages: Mastering Only (Stereo), Mixing and Mastering (24 tracks). Larger packages (Stem Mastering, Mixing & Mastering 48, 72 and 96 tracks, Remix & Production, packages that include Editing Options, Rush Service, Unlimited Revisions), discounted orders, or orders exceeding £150 are NOT covered by this Policy.
Here at Doctor Mix we really put our hearts and expertise into delivering the best sound possible. However, as you can understand, we don’t work for free and we expect a positive collaboration from our clients in order to achieve the best results. This Policy is NOT meant for the work of our producers and sound engineers to be exploited. Therefore no money back if:
- the client doesn’t provide us with a clear list of tweaks for each round of revisions (E.G. "I don’t feel it”, "sounds different in my head” are not valid tweaks, "more bass in the chorus”, "less reverb on the vocals” are valid tweaks)
- the client doesn’t allow 2 rounds of revisions. No money back after the 3rd revision.
- the client changes his mind about his material or sends substitution / additional material.
- the client interrupts communication for more than 5 days.
CAN I CALL YOU ON THE PHONE?
Yes you can. Call us on +44 (0) 844 8000 889 (5p p/m). Our opening times are Mon-Fri 9:30am to 6:30pm UK time.
WHAT EQUIPMENT HAVE YOU GOT?
- Yamaha NS-10M Studio Speakers
- PMC TB2S-AII Mastering Monitors
- Adam A7X
- KRK Rokit 6
- EVE SC305
- Yamaha HS5
- Lynx Hilo
- RME Fireface UFX
- TC Electronic Finalizer 96k
- 2 x Empirical Labs EL8 Distressor
- Thermionic Culture Fat Bustard 14-channel valve mixer
- Neve 33609 Precision Mastering Compressor
- Thermionic Culture The Phoenix Mastering Plus Compressor
- Tube Tech SMC 2B Stereo Multiband Compressor
- Universal Audio Solo 610 Tube Mic Pre DI
- Valley People 610 compressor
- Studer A-80 1/4-inch Tape Master Recorder
- Tascam 122 mkIII Master Cassette Deck
- Fostex D-5 Digital Master Recorder
- Icon Qcon
- 5 Macs and 1 PC
We also collaborate with several manufacturers and distributors, including Linx, Prism Sound, Thermionic Culture, Chandler Limited, GIK Acoustics, Nova Distribution, Shure Distribution, KMR Audio, Manley, Yamaha, Steinberg, Native-Instruments, Slate Digital, Sound Toys, Izotope, . This gives us access loads of incredible gear, both modern and vintage. Oh and we have loads of keyboards, guitars and percussions too.
CAN I PRESS A CD FROM YOUR MASTER?
Yes. We can compile a fully Red Book-compliant Production Master CD (PMCD) supplied on a high-quality HHB CDR74 Gold compact disc or via digital delivery (DDP file). Get in touch with us for a quick quote
MY VOCALS ARE A BIT OUT OF TUNE. CAN YOU EDIT THEM?
Absolutely. We use AutoTune®, Melodyne® and Ableton Live® to manually edit your tracks to perfection. Just select the option on your package. Don't worry – our producers do this very skillfully and patiently. We won't make you sound like Cher… unless you want us to!
CAN YOU REMIX OR PRODUCE MY SONG?
You bet! House? Rock? Pop? Latin? Electro? Orchestral? Just choose a style or a reference track, and we'll produce an arrangement that will knock your socks off.
MIXING AND MASTERING TIPS: HOW SHOULD I PREPARE MY MATERIAL?
For Mastering Only, just send us a stereo audio file at the best quality available. Please NO LIMITING on the mix bus! Don't hit 0dB too hard – leave 3 to 6 dBs of headroom for us to do our thing.
For Mixing And Mastering please export multiple tracks from your DAW. If you're not sure how to do it, check our videos on how to export all tracks in Logic
, Ableton Live
. We prefer it if you turn EQ, compression, delays and reverbs off. You can leave other effects that have a musical value (e.g. flanger, chorus etc.). Please make sure that the individual tracks and folder are correctly named, and include your original demo mix, along with other reference tracks and your mix notes. Ideally you would name the folder ‘ArtistName_SongName_BPM’, then zip it (e.g. TheHooligans_BabyBaby_125BPM.zip).
HOW DO I SEND MATERIAL TO DOCTOR MIX?
- log into your account on DoctorMix.com
by clicking on "Login/Register" in the top right hand corner.
scroll to the bottom of your account page and click on the order reference number.
scroll down to the "Messages/Tweaks" section, click on the song title, and then click on "upload audio files" button. Please upload a .zip file, not individual audio files.
If for any reason this shouldn't work then try then try clearing up cache and cookies on your browser. If it still doesn't work then send your material the "old" way: go to wetransfer.com
and upload to team at doctor mix dot com. Please don’t send us tracks as an e-mail attachment: our system will reject those e-mails.
WHO SHOULD I CREDIT FOR DOCTOR MIX's WORK?
Credits for our work are very much appreciated! Please credit ‘DoctorMix.com’ (e.g. ‘Mixed and Mastered by DoctorMix.com’).
CAN I HAVE THE SESSION FILES AT THE END OF THE JOB?
Yes, though we charge an additional fee for that. The fee varies depending on the project's size and complexity. We print all separate files inclusive of analogue and valve treatment, so that you can recreate the mix on any DAW. Please contact us
for questions about it.
HOW GOOD WILL MY MUSIC SOUND?
Our team of sound engineers and producers have many years experience... and great taste. But don't forget, we're talking about art here and you're the artist! Put it this way: if your music is good, we'll make it sound superb. If your music is bad, we'll make it sound OK!