On this episode we explain how to mix the bass: routing, parallel compression, saturation, bus compression. We share techniques, tips and we also discuss instruments with our first ever guest in the studio Chris Irvine, Product Manager for Yamaha Music UK.
More tips and tutorials on www.doctormix.com/blog
On episode 3 you will learn about:
– the rules of good bass recording
– low end energy
– bass harmonics
– saturation and note perception
– parallel compression for bass
– parallel saturation
– side-chaining the bass (full-band and multi-band)
– bus structure and compression layers
– mastering implications
On this episode we mention the following gear:
– Yamaha Reface Keyboards
– Thermionic Culture Fat Bustard MkII valve summing mixer
– Urei (Universal Audio) 1176 compressor
– The Culture Vulture Super 15 valve saturation unit
– Teletronix (Universal Audio) LA-2A valve compressor
– Eiosis Air EQ
How Can I Make My Mixes Louder?
How Can I Make My Mixes Sound Professional?